you harlow

Division: Harlow & District Football League – Division 1 Cup – Round 1

Match: Parsloe Reserves v Risden Reserves

Location: The Link

Score: 10-1

Man of the Match: Dan McKee

Match Report:

AFTER a very slow start from Parsloe which saw us concede after six minutes due to defensive mix-up, then we had a long break due to injury to one of Risden’s forwards and then we started playing football.

The game was dominated by Parsloe, but it wasn’t until the 24th minute that we equalized with Mckee cutting in from the left and firing a shot that was too hard for the keeper to handle.

Parsloe continued to apply pressure and it was all one way traffic and in the 37th minute what looked like a Jennings cross beat the Risden Keeper into their first post.

Two more goals before the break gave Parsloe a comfortable 4-1 lead. Mckee added to his count with a 30-yard free kick in the 39th minute that Risden Keeper should have done better.

Travers-Knott got on the scoreboard at the stroke of halftime with a neat finish after a good build-up game. Wright should have scored a goal, but it was disallowed for offside, which was never

After the break it was all Parsloe, after four changes and an adjustment in the formation Parsloe dominated possession and played good football.

In the 52nd minute we saw the goal of the game, cut from Foster on goal with a peach left-footed pass, Escott picked up the ball down the left and drove the defense across the pitch past four men, got to the rim from the box on the right and what looked like a cross into the box then went over the goalkeeper to make it 5-1

See also  Nojiri seals the title, Sasahara wins the race

The goals continued to come with Escott scoring his second in the 57th minute after a Mckee shot was saved by the keeper. In the next minute, Lacey entered the score sheet with a neat finish into the top corner assisted by Bonfield.

Parsloe’s eighth goal was, as ever, a well-taken penalty by Lacey in the 80th minute, hit to the goalkeepers’ left after Hunt had been pushed into the box. More changes were made, but that didn’t stop Parsloe in the last ten minutes.

Bonfied got on the scoreboard with a nice left foot in the 84th minute, a very tidy move that the keeper didn’t have a chance.

Mckee was then allowed to complete his hat-trick in the 86th minute, followed by a left-footed finish after some good work from Hunt.

The game ended 10-1 and Parsloe advanced to the next round. Some really good football was played and some clean endings were very nice to see.

Coach’s comment: “I couldn’t be happier with today’s result and we are now looking forward to the next round. Some really impressive performances today, Jennings and Escott had some really good games, but our Man of the Match goes to Mckee with a hat-trick and some really good link-up play.”

Friendly print, PDF and email

Leave a Comment