Virginia Football released its depth chart for the season opener against Richmond on Saturday. See the full depth chart in the image below:
- The starting five on the offensive line are: LT McKale Boley, LG John Paul Flores, C Ty Furnish, RG Derek Devine, RT Logan Taylor. Freshman McKale Boley is the first true Cavalier freshman to start at tackle since D’Brickashaw Ferguson in 2002. Boley starts in place of the injured Jonathan Leech, who is only expected to be out for a short period of time.
- Unsurprisingly, senior Perris Jones was given the nod as the starting running back with junior Mike Hollins trailing behind him.
- Dontayvion Wicks and Lavel Davis Jr. are starting in the open spots with Keytaon Thompson and Billy Kemp IV sharing the slot receiver position. Sean Moore is listed as Wicks’ backup and Luke Wentz is Davis’ backup.
- With Virginia’s new five-man defensive back system on defense, the starters in the UVA secondary are LC Fentrell Cypress, RC Anthony Johnson, SPUR Darrius Bratton, FS Lex Long and SS Jonas Sanker, who all played very well during camp. autumn to move on. by Antonio Clary in the depth table
- Junior linebacker Josh Ahern will miss the first half of Richmond’s game as a result of an orientation call against him in the season finale against Virginia Tech in 2021. Sophomore James Jackson starts at the WILL linebacker spot, while Nick Jackson occupies the MIKE
- On the defensive line, the starters listed are DE Kam Butler, NT Jahmeer Carter, DT Aaron Faumui and Bandit Chico Bennett Jr.
- Minnesota transfer Daniel Sparks will be the team’s starting punter, while senior Brendan Farrell, who was awarded a scholarship last week, will handle spot kicking and kickoffs. Junior quarterback Jared Rayman will retain and Boston College transfer Aidan Livingston is the starting long snapper.
- Virginia’s comeback men will be Billy Kemp IV on punt returns and Mike Hollins on kickoff returns.
Note: that a player does not appear in the depth table does not mean that he is inactive. The depth chart only lists the two (or sometimes three) players at the top of the line at each position.
Follow CavaliersNow on Twitter
Follow CavaliersNow on Facebook
See more Virginia football news and content: Virginia Football at Sports Illustrated
Scroll to Continue
See more news and sports content from Virginia: Virginia Cavaliers at Sports Illustrated
Latest news and stories from the Virginia Cavaliers
Virginia Football 2022 Season Preview: Offense
UVA men’s soccer bounces back with a 4-0 win over Rider
Virginia Football Announces New Enhancements to the Gameday Experience
Virginia Basketball: Four Star Davin Cosby Complete Official Tour
Hopkins Scores Hat Trick, No. 8 UVA Women’s Soccer Powers tops Fairleigh Dickinson 5-0
No. 12 Virginia Field Hockey Dominant in 4-1 win over No. 17 Delaware