The Rams continue to play in the Patriot League against the Mountain Hawks
Clock | Listen | Live Statistics | Fordham Game Notes | Follow on Twitter
Bronx, NY – The Fordham University Rams continue the 2022 season, Fordham’s 122nd college season, by traveling to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to take on the Lehigh University Mountain Hawks at Goodman Stadium on Saturday, October 8 at 12:00 p.m. p.m
Enjoy the Ramses Challenge, a new philanthropic initiative to support our student-athletes. He promises a set amount for each defensive sack or touchdown scored. All proceeds are tax deductible and go directly to the soccer program. There is also the option of making a unique gift to football.
The game will air on ESPN+ with Steve Degler (pbp) and Grant DelVecchio (color) announcing and broadcast live on WFUV (90.7 FM) and wfuvsports.org with Andrew Gullotta (pbp) and Ryan Gregware (color) handling duties. to advertise.
Fordham, ranked 16th in the latest NCAA FCS Coaches Poll, enters the game with a 4-1, 1-0 record in the Patriot League, following a 59-38 league victory over Georgetown in Jack Coffey Field last Saturday, while Lehigh is 1-4 overall on the year, 1-0 in the Patriot League, following a 35-7 loss to Monmouth at Goodman Stadium last week.
This will be the 34th meeting between Fordham and Lehigh on the grid. The Mountain Hawks lead the all-time series, which began in 1923, 26-7, but Fordham took the most recent matchup, 35-28, on Oct. 23, 2021 as Tim DeMorat He completed 24 of 40 passes for 401 yards and three touchdowns, and rushed for another, with Fotis Kokosioulis catching ten passes for 157 yards.
Some notes about the game:
• The Rams have won six of the last eight meetings with the Mountain Hawks.
• With his six touchdown passes at Monmouth, Fordham’s senior quarterback Tim DeMorat he took his career total to 78, surpassing Kevin Anderson (2014-2017) and to first place on Fordham’s racing list (Anderson’s previous record was 73).
• DeMorat, who earned his fourth Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week honor after the Georgetown game, threw four more last week against Georgetown to bring his school record to 93.
• DeMorat is also Fordham’s career leader in completions with 845 and passing yards with 10,716.
• The 2022 Rams have a powerful offensive backfield double in grad student trey sneedand sophomore Julius Loughridge.
• Their stats are nearly identical with Sneed rushing 82 times for 443 yards and four touchdowns and Loughridge rushing 73 times for 438 yards and three touchdowns.
• For the third straight season, Fordham grad student linebacker ryan greenhagen he was named a Preseason All-American, as well as to the Buck Buchanan Watch List, featured as the NCAA FCS Defensive Player of the Year, for the second straight season.
• Greenhagen currently has amassed 43.0 career TFLs, second all-time at Fordham, and 203 career solo tackles, fourth best in school history. He also has 351 total tackles, third best. He entered the season first among active FCS players with 10.03 tackles/game and third with 1.32 tackles for loss per game in 31 career games.
• Fordham Captains for 2022 are supporters of graduating students ryan greenhagengraduate student corridor trey sneedoffensive lineman grad student Phil Salehsenior quarterback Tim DeMoratand senior defensive lineman jonathan coast.
• No New York-area college football team has won more games since 2012 than Fordham, who has amassed 68 wins in that span. The closest college competitors are Sacred Heart (62), Stony Brook (58), and Rutgers (46), while the NFL’s Giants lead all New York-area pro teams with 64 wins over the past eleven years and the Jets have 56.