UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.- Penn State men’s soccer will return to Jeffrey Field after two straight home games, to host Michigan State on Friday, October 7. The match will kick off at 7:00 pm and will be available to stream on B1G+.
The Nittany Lions are ranked 24ththe in the weekly Top Drawer Soccer poll this week.
against the state of michigan
- Date: Friday, October 7, 2022 | Weather: 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Location: University Park, Pennsylvania | Event: jeffrey field
- live stats | Clock: B1G+ | grades
- Admission: Free
- Parking lot: Free
Parking for all Penn State Athletics non-football events will require a valid permit or payment of the applicable parking fee for campus lots. Fans with valid Penn State University Park parking permits will be allowed to park at non-football sporting events for free, following Transportation Services parking and access policies.
For men’s soccer games, fans are asked to park in the Jordan East, Stadium West, or Porter North lots. Non-permit fans are encouraged to pre-pay for event parking at a discounted rate of $5.50 through ParkMobile – https://psu.parkmobile.io/. Prepayment is available until 11:59 pm the day before each event. Parking on the day of the event will be $10 per vehicle and is cash only/can be purchased on the ParkMobile app. The East Deck is also available for most events for $1 per hour.
Penn State Transportation Services manages parking for all non-football sporting events. For more information or questions, visit transportation.psu.edu or email [email protected]
last time out
- The Nittany Lions ended their two-game stretch on the road with a 2-2 draw at Northwestern on Sunday.
- ben liscuma redshirt-freshman, he scored the first goal of the game and the first goal of his career.
- Northwestern responded just minutes later with a goal of their own to tie the score 1-1.
- Peter Mangione he scored his fifth goal of the season in the second half to take Penn State’s lead once again.
- The Wildcats responded quickly to tie the score at 2-2, where it stood for the rest of the game.
- senior striker liam butts assisted both goals.
- Penn State outscored Northwestern 10-7.
Nittany Lions to See
- Butts scored two goals and recorded three assists in his two games back from injury.
- Mangione leads the team with five goals, which ties him for second in the Big Ten.
- kris shakes he ranks third in the conference in save percentage (.776).
- van danielson Y ben liscum they have scored their first career goals as forwards in Big Ten games.
Nittany Lions vs. Spartans Most Recent
- Penn State won its two most recent contests against Michigan State in 2021.
- The Nittany Lions beat the Spartans on the road during the regular season, 1-0, and defeated them at home 2-0 in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals.
- Andrew Privitt and Mangione scored both goals in the conference tournament game.
- Penn State leads the all-time series with Michigan State 25-17-2 and has won the last three games in a row.
Exploring the state of Michigan
- The Spartans are 4-4-2 overall, 2-0-1 Big Ten so far this season, winning their most recent game against Wisconsin.
- Senior goaltender Owen Finnerty was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week after recording a pair of clean sheets in the Spartans’ wins against Michigan and Wisconsin.
- Michigan State is on a three-game winning streak, including two Big Ten wins.
- The Spartans won the Big Bear Trophy with their victory over Michigan.
- Junior forward Grayson Mercery leads the offense with three goals.