Multiple fights break out at Windsor High football game

WINDSOR, Calif. (KRON) — A huge fight broke out at a football game on Friday and two people were arrested, according to the Windsor Police Department.

Just after 8:00 pm on Friday, a physical fight involving around 20 minors broke out during the Windsor High School football game. At some point, several parents of the minors became involved in the altercation and police contacted them first.

The minors were identified by the WHS resource officer who reportedly intervened and attempted to break up the fight, according to police. The Resource Officer also requested additional assistance from other deputies. The minors then ran through Keizer Park as backup arrived.

911 dispatchers received multiple calls reporting a group of 20 to 30 people fighting with bats, and officers were dispatched to the intersection of Binggelli Drive and Starr View Drive, approximately a mile and a half from the WHS football field. Callers also stated that they heard people threatening to shoot each other.

Police believe the fight is gang related. By the time deputies arrived on the scene, most of the crowd had dispersed. At this time, police believe that half of the minors came in second place to seek revenge for the initial fight.

KRON On is broadcasting now

A minor suffered a laceration to the head after being hit with a blunt object and was taken to a local hospital. Another minor suffered a leg injury and was also taken to hospital for treatment.

Throughout the investigation, two adults were arrested on assault charges in connection with their involvement in the second fight. The adults were identified as Lydia Garcia, 60, and Sophelia Gomes, 42, both of Windsor. Both women were booked into the Sonoma County Jail.

It was an unfortunate event in what should have been a great start to the season with a decisive win over Mt. Tam. When the incident occurred, our campus security was able to quickly alert our School Resource Officer, who radioed for backup. Campus Security, our SRO, and the site manager worked to defuse the situation. Windsor Police arrived on the scene within minutes and quickly secured the area. We are relieved that there were no weapons or serious injuries while we were on campus. We have not received any information about the subsequent event, but we hope that everyone is safe.

Windsor High School

The police have opened an investigation into this incident. If you have information, we encourage you to contact the Windsor Police Department at 707-565-2121.

See also  Keselowski: 'Pieces that come together' for RFK Racing

Leave a Comment