Georgia Tech vs. Football No.4 Clemson
Monday, September 5 · 8 pm ET · Atlanta, Ga. Mercedes Benz Stadium
Quarterback Jeff Sims (10 – top) returns for his third season as the starting signal for Georgia Tech. Last season, Sims was on the field the equivalent of just six games due to injuries, but he averaged 29.7 points and 431.2 yards. per game with him behind center, compared to 16.7 points and 302.8 yards per game with him off the field.
• Georgia Tech opens its 130th football season with a tough test when it faces No. 4 Clemson in the season opener for both teams on Monday, September 5 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
• The nationally televised Labor Day showdown is a prestigious Chick-fil-A pitching game as well as part of Georgia Tech’s Mayhem series at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
• The technology makes its second appearance in the Chick-fil-A launch game. On Labor Day night in 2017 (September 4), the Yellow Jackets lost a heartbreaking 42-41 decision in double overtime to No. 25 Tennessee. The Jackets lost despite outscoring the Vols by a whopping 655-369 margin. The game was only the second college football game played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
• Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium is Georgia Tech’s six-game home series to be played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, less than a mile from Tech’s Midtown campus. The Yellow Jackets opened the annual series with a 45-22 win over No. 20/21 North Carolina.
• Tech’s victory over North Carolina last season was part of a 3-3 start for the Yellow Jackets. However, the Jackets lost their last six games of the campaign to finish 3-9 overall, despite being one touchdown and holding the ball in the fourth quarter of six of their nine losses. Tech went 1-5 in games decided by 10 points or fewer.
• Quarterback Jeff Sims returns for his third season as Georgia Tech’s starting signal. Last season, Sims was on the field the equivalent of just six games due to injuries, but he averaged 29.7 points and 431.2 yards per game with him. behind center, compared to 16.7 points and 302.8 yards per game with him off the field.
TICKETS FOR THE 2022 GEORGIA TECH FOOTBALL SEASON
With less than a week to go until Georgia Tech’s highly anticipated football season opener against Clemson at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, tickets for the 2022 season are now on sale. The Yellow’s enticing 2022 home roster Jackets includes the Jackets’ September 5 opener against Clemson in the second edition of Tech’s “Mayhem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium” series, as well as matchups with Ole Miss (Sept. 17), Virginia (Oct. 17) . 20) and Miami (November 12) at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Season tickets, which include all six games on the Jackets home schedule and exclusive benefits such as exclusive concessions and merchandise discounts at Bobby Dodd Stadium, priority access to parking and tickets to road games and discounts on admission to the Hall of Fame College Football and Illuminarium Atlanta, starting at just $299.
Three-game mini-season packages are also available, giving fans the chance to pick up tickets to three of the Yellow Jackets’ home games in 2022, starting at just $175.
To become a Georgia Tech Football Season Ticket Member, click HERE to buy tickets online or click HERE be contacted by a member of the Georgia Tech athletic ticketing team. For more information, call the Georgia Tech Athletic Box Office at 888-TECH-TIX or visit ramblinwreck.com/footballtickets.
Alexander Tharpe Fund
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarships, operations, and facility support for Georgia Tech’s more than 400 student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia’s everyday champions Tech and help the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of collegiate athletics by supporting the Annual Sports Scholarship Fundwhich directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. For more information on how to support the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Vests, follow us on Twitter (@GTAthletics), Facebook, Instagram or visit us at ramblinwreck.com.