Neil Gaiman’s television adaptation The Sandman It got off to a solid start on Netflix.
The series racked up more than a billion minutes of viewing time in the three days after it premiered on August 5, according to Nielsen streaming ratings. That put it in third place among all original series for the week of August 1-7, behind only the last two shows that were ranked number one.
After two weeks in second place, Netflix Strange things it regained the top position on the chart with 1.42 billion minutes of viewing time. It took first place for the eighth time in the 10 weeks since the fourth season debuted in late May. It was down 22 percent from the previous week.
The No. 1 of the previous week, virgin riverhad a steeper 42 percent drop to finish second among original series with 1.39 billion minutes, followed by The Sandman at 1,020 million. It was the biggest series debut since terminal list it had 1.11 billion minutes of viewing on Prime Video in early July.
preschool show cocomelon (741 million minutes) had the most viewing time among the series acquired during the period from August 1 to 7. Pixar’s Lightyear (1.31 billion minutes) led the movie rankings in its streaming debut on Disney+, beating Netflix’s Uncharted (1.01 billion).
Nielsen streaming ratings cover TV viewing only and do not include minutes viewed on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video.
Nielsen’s top streaming series for August 1-7 are below.
1. Strange things (Netflix), 1.42 billion minutes watched
two. virgin river (Netflix), 1.39 billion
3. The Sandman (Netflix), 1.02 billion
Four. Keep breathing (Netflix), 722 million
5. disengaged (Netflix), 532 million
6. Train Wreck: Woodstock ’99 (Netflix), 504 million
7. Only murders in the building (Hulu), 382 million
8. Longmire (Netflix), 287 million
9. the umbrella academy (Netflix), 274 million
9 (tie). Masters of the car: from rust to riches (Netflix), 274 million
1. cocomelon (Netflix), 741 million minutes
two. NCIS (Netflix), 692 million
3. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 658 million
Four. Friends (HBO Max), 441 million
5. Big Bang Theory (HBO Max), 410 million
6. gilmore girls (Netflix), 383 million
7. the vampires’ diaries (Netflix), 376 million
8. Only (Hulu/Netflix), 370 million
9. Seinfeld (Netflix), 354 million
9 (tie). Shameless (Netflix), 354 million