Paramount+ has announced additional actors, joining Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren in Taylor Sheridan’s “1923,” the latest “Yellowstone” prequel from series mastermind Taylor Sheridan.
Joining Ford and Mirren on the new show are Darren Mann, Michelle Randolph, James Badge Dale, Marley Shelton, Brian Geraghty, Aminah Nieves and Julia Schlaepfer.
“1923” follows “1883”, the most watched Paramount+ title worldwide, according to Paramount. That prequel starred Sam Elliott, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Isabel May, and LaMonica Garrett. While there was some confusion over whether more “1883” episodes would be ordered, the focus shifted to another prequel series (originally dubbed “1932”), with an “1883” spinoff, this time centered on the historical figure. bass. Reeves (who could have been the inspiration for the Lone Ranger), also in the works.
“‘1923’ will introduce a new generation of the Dutton family and explore the turn of the 20th century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of Prohibition and the Great Depression plague the mountainous West and the Duttons who call it home,” an official said. Synopsis of the plot of Paramount readings.
Paramount also revealed who everyone will be playing in “1923.”
• Harrison Ford will play Jacob Dutton, the patriarch of the Yellowstone ranch, husband of Cara Dutton and brother of James Dutton.
• Helen Mirren will play Cara Dutton, Jacob Dutton’s wife and family matriarch.
• Darren Mann will play Jack Dutton, the son of John Dutton Sr. and great-nephew of Jacob Dutton. He is a dedicated rancher who is deeply loyal to his family.
• Michelle Randolph will play Elizabeth Strafford, a feisty and capable young woman who will marry into the Dutton family.
• James Badge Dale will play John Dutton Sr., Jacob Dutton’s oldest nephew and right-hand man.
• Marley Shelton will play Emma Dutton, the dutiful wife of John Dutton Sr. and the mother of Jack Dutton.
• Brian Geraghty will play Zane, a fiercely loyal ranch foreman.
• Aminah Nieves will play Teonna Rainwater, a young woman in a government residential boarding school.
• Julia Schlaepfer will play Alexandra, a British woman who meets one of the Duttons abroad.
The new show will debut on Paramount+ this December, joining a growing number of Taylor Sheridan projects set to debut this fall, including mothership series “Yellowstone” (back on Paramount Network Nov. 13); “Tulsa King,” starring Sylvester Stallone, who is outside of the “Yellowstone” universe (also Nov. 13, on Paramount+); and a number of non-“Yellowstone” projects that have yet to receive release dates, including “Lioness” (starring Zoe Saldaña), “Land Man” (starring Billy Bob Thornton) and the second season of “Mayor of Kingstown” (starring Jeremy Renner).