With Halloween fast approaching, many of us are eager to find new horror and thriller movies to watch. There’s plenty of horror coming to Netflix in October, including the new Mike Flanagan show. the midnight club and the Guillermo del Toro horror anthology series cabinet of curiosities.
Beyond that, the horror on Netflix extends to a Stephen King movie, a Halloween-themed season of Nailed It, a Jeffrey Dahmer documentary series, and much more. Anyone excited to find out what’s on the way next month will find that Netflix has an exciting lineup planned for their Netflix and Chills slate this year.
Since it’s still early September, the following list isn’t complete yet, we’ll likely also see some older horror movies added to the streaming service in October, but we’ll update later once Netflix releases its official October schedule. . For now, check out the new horror on Netflix coming next month.
Horror on Netflix in October 2022
Mr. Harrigan’s phone, October 5
Jaeden Martell and Donald Sutherland star in this horror movie based on a short story by Stephen King. Martell plays a teenager named Craig who befriends a lonely older billionaire (Sutherland). When Mr. Harrigan dies, Craig suddenly finds himself able to communicate with his friend from beyond the grave through his phone.
The Midnight Club, October 7
Mike Flanagan’s latest Netflix series is the midnight club based on the Christopher Pike novel of the same name. The new show is set in a hospice where a group of teenagers meet at night to tell each other scary stories. They make a pact that the first of them to die has to try to communicate with the others from beyond the grave, and when that pact finally happens, strange incidents begin.
Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities, 25-28 Oct.
cabinet of curiosities is an upcoming horror anthology series specially curated by Guillermo del Toro, who even wrote two original stories for the show. Del Toro will also personally introduce each chapter of the anthology, which is said to comprise sophisticated and terrifying stories that defy the classic genre. cabinet of curiosities It will air as a special four-night event with two new episodes releasing daily from October 25-28.
The Curse of Bridge Hollow, October 14
Strange things Star Priah Ferguson directs this family-friendly Halloween comedy alongside comedian Marlon Wayans. When a curse awakens a mischievous Halloween spirit, the decorations come to life and wreak havoc on the town. A Halloween-hating father (Wayans) and his daughter (Ferguson) must end the curse before it’s too late.
Thrillers and more are coming to Netflix in October 2022
The following shows and movies aren’t necessarily horror, but they fit into the “thriller” category or are just spooky, spooky, or have a Halloween theme.
- the good nurse – Upcoming movie based on the true story of serial killer nurse Charles Cullen, starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastain, airing October 26.
- The school of good and evil – Fantasy feature film based on the book by Soman Chainani and starring Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron and Michelle Yeoh, airing October 19.
- unsolved mysteries volume 3 – The Netflix documentary series returns for a three-week event that includes six new mysteries, releasing on October 18, October 25 and November 1.
- wendell and wild – Stop-motion animation directed by Henry Selick, available October 28
- luckiest girl alive – Dark drama starring Mila Kunis based on Jessica Knoll’s bestseller, October 7
- bewitched daniel – New animated series, October 27
- Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes – Netflix original docuseries, a continuation of conversations with a killerOctober 7
- He got over it! season 7 – Halloween-themed season, October 6.
- Dead End: Paranormal Park Season 2 – The creepy animated series returns with more episodes, airing on October 13.
What horror on Netflix are you most looking forward to seeing in October 2022?